All about the Brain!


My eldest took and interest in his brain and how it works, I don't know where it came from but we couldn't find anything young child friendly!

We colour coordinated our brain into primary colours and added images in to identify what part of the brain is responsible for what sense. You can see more on my Instagram and I have added the post in below.

 

It was amazing because through colour now the parts of the brain have been identified, all I need to do when we revisit this topic is add in scientific names! 

The brain is such a big topic so we really honed in on senses and colour identification and the number 5. 

We also did a range of brain activities such as mindful colouring, patterns, hide and seek, wordsearches and rubix cubes.

I have made a free printable about the senses and the brain for Early years, it's simple, easy and open-ended! Use however suits you! 

My recommendation is lamination for frequented use 🧠

We added sticks onto then senses images to put up when we played our guess what's in the box game.

You can also print two and make as a matching game, of match it to the right written word (depending on reading level)

Theres a giant brain poster and a smaller one which can be used as play dough mat or as a visual! 

Theres lots to work with in this pack and its FREE! 

We hope you enjoy this resource and please share with us if you do! Tag @sassyprint on Instagram. I have linked below.

Check out our other pages here SassyPrint Socials

Love and light 

Yasmeen

Comments

Popular Posts